
This painting is dedicated to my niece's faithful dog Buddy who passed on Friday. He was a family enigma and a best friend to all he encountered. My niece said it best:
"I truly believe that God gives us our pets in order to show us His character. Buddy's love was unconditional, unwavering, and by far abounding in loyalty. Our pet's lives are short as a reminder to us that our hearts are set for eternity."
I love my own puppy with an enduring love and am grateful for each day he is still here. No death is easy to face, but it is inevitable. Coming to terms with your faith and how you choose to live your life is the best way to honor those we lose.
Goodbye Buddy. I for one believe God will give us our pets in heaven (what makes us happy), so see you then.

No comments:
Post a Comment