Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 329 - Thanksgiving


I wish everyone could have experienced the type of Thanksgiving my family had in the past. It was a series of moments in time that I will hold tight for the rest of my life. After the passing of my husband, things drastically changed, but one thing that didn't was my family and their ability to love my son and me. This year we are celebrating a small Thanksgiving with my sister and her family, my son and his girlfriend. I have no idea why I feel the old anticipation of those former holidays when everyone in my family was present. I suppose I am now extremely grateful for small things and even the smallest things can be the most important to me. My son is one of the funniest people in the world (to me) and his treatment of the holidays (always positive and fun) will make this a good three days "over the river and through the woods". Let's see how the food turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment