
Watercolor
I received the email below from a site I subscribe to about grieving. From my perspective, I found it very comforting. Here are some excerpts:
Society's Superficial Response to Grief
Society often concerns itself with keeping up appearances, maintaining the status quo, and covering up problems, as if pretense will somehow make things right!
"We want everything to be glossed over," John Coulombe observes. "We think it should be tidy and nice."
But life is not "tidy and nice" and pretending it is will hinder the healing process and make it even longer.
God's perspective on your grief is the one to seek.
"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

No comments:
Post a Comment