Colored PencilIt is the end of the weekly three day marathon, teaching, prep work, meetings, shoveling and crashing. I am SO looking forward to the weekend. Life is very good right now and I feel fortunate to even be able to say that.
I had to create my spiritual autobiography for my art therapy course and it was a soul searching effort (as it should have been). Below is a piece of poetry I used to illustrate personal symbolism in the work.
“Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity”.
William Butler Yeats, The Second Coming
This is one of my favorite poems and although I don't have the entire piece here, these are my favorite lines and very meaningful to me. Some food for thought as always.

No comments:
Post a Comment